Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Playlist

Seriously I love music. I love rap, trance, alternative, hip hop, house, pop, rock and just about every other genre under the sun.  Just a few of my favorite artists are Lana Del Ray, The Weeknd, Tiesto, Ellie Goulding, The XX, Armin Van Buuren, Drake, 30 Seconds to Mars, Kaskade, and Florence and The Machine. In the past month and half I've been to 5 concerts. Each one was completely different and each one felt like a different experience. I wanted to share my love for music with you because it is such a big part of my life. 

1. Kaskade- September 14 American Airlines Arena
For my 21st birthday me and my best friend went to Vegas and had the most perfect day seeing this gem at Marquee Day Club in a cabana poolside. That was a set to remember. Well this was probably the fifth time I've seen Kaskade and this time was a little different. It happened to be on the same night Yom Kippur (jewish holiday) ended and that clearly had an effect on my enthusiasm. I got there an hour and half late to see a bunch of teenagers acting WILD. Believe me you I remember the days I wished everything was all ages, but today I really do appreciate a 21+ event. This was also the first time I saw a DJ in a big venue such as AAA. His set overall wasn't bad I think I just prefer either a festival setting for that kind of music or an intimate space. 
Favorite Kaskade song: Turn It Down 

2. The Weeknd-September 28 James L. Knight Center 
This man and that voice is a lethal combination. The Weeknd definitely ranks up there in my top 5 favorite artists, like I'm obsessed. I was initially super stoked when I saw him at Ultra Music Festival last March, but when I found out he was headlining his own show I had to buy tickets. His sensual lyrics and electric beats were so mesmerizing. He definitely knows how to work his audience. His old and new album are both perfection, and if your not familiar with his work, do yourself a favor and check him out now. XO
Favorite The Weeknd song: Belong to the World 

 

3. Sensation White- October 12 American Airlines Arena 
Sensation crossed the pond and debuted their first production in MIA. The legendary music festival from Amsterdam  demands all concert goers be dressed from head to leg in all white. Side note: Finding a white outfit in October is quite challenging. The set up was unreal. It was all white with water and light installations that really came alive with the music. Mr.White, Nic Fanciulli, Prok& Fitch, and Fedde Le Grande were the Dj's in attendance. The event was not sold out so there was plenty of room to dance which was really nice. 
Favoritie Set: Prok&Fitch
 

4. The Idan Raichel Project- October 17 Adrian Arsht Center 
Date night with my Mom is always a good idea. Many of you might not be familiar with this awesome band of serious talents but don't fret I'll give you a recap. They were formed by Idan Raichel in Israel and the project is composed of about 70 different musicians who sing in Hebrew, French, Spanish, Arabic, Ahmaric, Hindi and more. Their kind of music is in a genre in itself and sounds like nothing i've ever heard before. With the Arsht Center being built for Opera singers, every single instrument echo was beautifully delivered  in the venue.  

 

 
5. Drake- November 5 American Airlines Arena 
And then there was Drake. I'm just going to say it: best concert I have ever been to. Seriously what an artistic genius.  Nothing Was the Same is one of my favorite albums ever, each song is better then the one before it. Lil Wayne and Birdman made guest appearances to accompany their YMCMB prodigy and Miguel popped off the show with a bang. The stage was really built with the audience in mind because for a good 20 minutes drizzy made sure to connect with everyone in the crowd, including people up top in the last row. Drake sang every song from his new album and sang most of his top verses from various songs. I believe that he changed the game and our generation of music. His vocals are amazing yet he still lays down some sick raps, which many artists just can't compete with. Amazing night spent with Drizzzzy himself. 

 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment