Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Social Media and How It Effects Your Relationship

         Most of us have developed unhealthy relationships with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.  When selfies, #hashtags, and likes are some of your priorities, you've reached the detrimental limit. Sometimes those unhealthy relationships with our social media accounts overlap with our real life relationships and have a negative effect. Don't get me wrong; social media is a great platform for other things, like promoting a blog or staying in touch with people all over the world. 
         I have a unique case on my hands. My relationship is seldom splashed all over my wall and newsfeed. Boyfriend is not connected to any of the social media sites. He never really craved the need to follow everyone and create an account, let alone post constantly about his life. I understand where he comes from in some aspects and with others I don’t, but either way I respect his decision. So in my relationship social media has never played a crucial role. My passwords are always available and I’ve never had to worry about ladies lurking on my man.
         In other relationships fights have erupted and break ups have resulted from what happens underneath the wall posts. It’s the shady private messages and the comments that aren’t visible, that make it easier to be unfaithful. People often portray themselves differently online and that can also create problems. No one wants to be with a self-centered egotistical person who doesn’t stop posting selfies. Sometimes people even think that the grass could be greener on the other side with someone else and temptation kicks in.
         If you are constantly bickering with your other half about social media, take a step back and realize what is more important. At the end of the day the person your cuddling with is more important than the number of followers you have. If it isn’t, you need to reconsider the relationship you want to be in.

xX

G

No comments:

Post a Comment